Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pillow Talk

I have to be honest...I'm not good at pillow talk.  Looking at my sectional I see the same boring cluster of three pillows that I've had for the past 3 years.  I have resources available to me to get the most gorgeous pillows EVER and this is what I have.  So sad.  


Well, to be honest, this is how my sectional looks on a daily basis.  I think I leave it like this because I like the littlest pop of color from the princess dresses:)


In the "formal" living room, I'm ok with the pillows but I think I'd like to add more color against this pretty blue sofa.  This area doesn't get used except when the kids get in trouble and get sent to the "blue sofa" for time out!


Our designer, Jodie Labovitch, taught me how arranging pillows can make a big impact on the overall comfy, inviting look of a sofa.  

BEFORE:



AFTER:


When considering ordering custom accent pillows at Urban Retreat, the choices are plenty.  Not only will you decide on the size of the pillow and fabric, but you will also have an option to choose contrasting welt around the pillow.  Or, depending on the pillow, you can choose a different fabric on the face and back of a box pillow and another fabric on the side panels. 

The pink microsuede was used as an accent color for this sofa.



This photo below shows the option of changing the face and back of the box pillow and changing the welt on the accent pillows.



Below is a small sample of other pillow arrangements displayed at Urban Retreat.








Do you like to be symmetrical with your pillows?


Southern Living

Tobi Fairley

Or, coordinated, but not symmetrical?


Surya


Summer Thornton


Or, are you just carefree and freestyle?

Domino

Domino


Finally, do you prefer karate chopped, perfectly smoothed or the casual thrown in place look?  HIYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment