Thursday, October 24, 2013

Meet our Designers!

Urban Retreat is fortunate to offer a talented group of sales staff who also offer a wide range of design services.   Our highly talented and imaginative designers have created many beautiful interiors throughout the DC Metro Area.  Whether your project involves a single room or an entire home, our designers will help you create a space that you will absolutely love. 


Jodie Labovitch - Interior Designer & Visual Merchandiser
.........................................................................

I have studied and worked in the design business my entire life with 25 plus years experience. I have worked with vendors and showrooms in New York, Chicago, Denver, and DC.  I have been involved in many aspects of the industry, including product design and marketing, sales and customer service, and I have had my own interior design business during these years.   

My speciality is repurposing items you already own to give your home a designer touch. I work closely with my clients to bring style, function and comfort together.  I believe you have to live in your home and be realistic about how you use it. Whether you prefer modern furnishings or a more traditional style, I can help you choose the right patterns, colors, textures and feel to create the right space for you and your family.   I recently did a mini seminar on the "Power of Paint & Accessories".  You do not have to spend a lot to have a big impact.  Whether its new construction, a remodel, or a quick consult I can help provide advise and direction for you to achieve the look you are after.  

The two designers that have influenced me the most are Holly Hunt and Rose Tarlow.  Together they combine a balance of clean lined furnishings with naturally patinaed antiques.  

I love combining the new with the old!  I also like the surprise element of a space that balances textiles and textures, shapes and sizes!

Cassidy Design



Darlene Darden - Interior Designer
.........................................................................

hats...interior designer, photographer, Mom, foodie, yogi, design sponge
...with over 15yrs design experience
...studied and worked within high end Residential in San Francisco, constantly inspired by the natural surroundings as well as the European flavor of the city.

...my process is an easygoing and collaborative experience to create a 'home' unique to each client.
loves...traveling, beaches, chocolate, New Orleans, 80's music, baking, flea markets, when the "light is just right", European rustic chic, mixing old with new, color, really good food

I believe a designer is there as a guide to bring out a clients best qualities and point of view...to create a quality of life...an 'Ahhhh' moment.


Grucci Designs


Urban Retreat Design Consultation Program

Meet for 1 hour in your home and 1 hour in the store for only $149.  

This service is for individuals looking for assistance with that "one" special room in their home.  Space planning, color selection, repurposing existing furnishings are just a few examples of what our designers can offer.  If you are in need of more time, our designers are available for outside consultation.

Contact us at info@UrbanRetreatFurniture.com to set up an appointment.

*Photos by Darlene Darden

No comments:

Post a Comment