Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quatrefoil Heaven

I may be a little late to jump on this trend, but I usually just go with what I like, when I like it.  I'm loving quatrefoil these days.  It works in traditional decor, but these days lends itself to more transitional or contemporary spaces.

"QUATREFOIL -  is a type of decorative framework consisting of a symmetrical shape which forms the overall outline of four partially overlapping circles of the same diameter. The word quatrefoil means "four leaves."" ~ wikipedia

These mirrors and pillows were purchased at Urban Retreat by Jennifer Wagner Schmidt of JWS Interiors for a design project.  I especially love how Jennifer incorporated the quatrefoil in the window coverings.  


Quatrefoil can be used anywhere inside and outside a home.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Rachel Halvorson Designs


Elle Decor








Cristi Holcombe


Below are some items that caught my attention in Atlanta.  I wouldn't put all these items in the same room...too matchy and overwhelming.  But, if using one or two pieces mixed in with existing decor, not only will you add a punch of color but a popular design into your space.



The lamp, canisters, mirror, white vase and candleholders have just been ordered and will be arriving in the store soon.  The quatrefoil on the canisters caught my attention right away!




Here are some photos of the warehouse recently merchandised by one of our designers, Jodie Labovitch.  You'll see quatrefoil inspired pillows in the background. 






Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment