Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome to the Atlanta Market!

Welcome to our Blog!  

2013 is going to be an exciting adventure into the world of blogging.  My hope is to use this site as a way to share my inspiration behind Urban Retreat.  Not only do I visit trade shows for inspiration, but I often look at other design blogs for photos to inspire me to bring a new product to the store.

My most recent inspiration just occurred in Atlanta.  I arrived to the Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market this past Friday evening and stayed until Sunday evening.  This is a short visit which meant a lot of running around on my end.  The weather was a balmy 72 degrees which I think influenced my shopping....sea shells & sea glass caught my attention in every vignette!

My first stop was at Sugarboo Designs.  It's always a spot where I love to slow down and read all the beautiful inspirational artwork.  Here are a few pieces that are coming back to the store with me and a wall full of others which I just loved.





My next stop was shopping for pillows.  I definitely saw a theme of gorgeous pops of color throughout the showrooms.  Here's a preview of some of the pillows coming this spring:






I found a fragrant candle and diffuser line that we will begin to carry in the store called Simpatico.  I especially felt drawn to their beautiful packaging and hobnail glass candles.  




This Petal Collection will be featured in the store just in time for Valentine's Day...bubble bath, scented candles, diffusers and perfume!


Just warning..I'm in a whale, octopus and squid mood lately!  I think I was drawn to Simpatico because of this packaging. LOVE.


More to come tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment